The Bright Spot Seed Planter

Bright Spots can grow in dark places.


The Bright Spot Report is a place for success stories
as well as a place for tips on how to create Bright Spots.


If you have a Bright Spot Story, please share it with us,
so we can create a world with more Bright Spots.



Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I Cried Today

My first meeting this morning was at 8am at the Holy Cross Youth Center. As I arrived outside the Youth Center, I received a text message regarding Hebrews 2:18. That has nothing to do with this story but it may have meaning for you today. (Hint, hint. Go, look it up.) I was meeting a gentleman with whom I had connected via Facebook. I had posted a message on the Diocese of Buffalo Office of Pro-Life Activities at:  https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_143337903771 He contacted me and we agreed to meet.  We had a good meeting and discussed how we might work together in being proactive to save more lives. I took him over to see our gym and after we left, I discovered that my keys were locked inside.

After my new friend left, I walked down to the Holy Cross Church Office to borrow a set of keys to unlock the gym. The only reason I went to the office is because I locked my keys in the gym. While I was there, I checked my mail and found 2 letters. The young man who works (very hard) at Holy Cross walked over and let me in to retrieve my keys. I then went to my van and opened the mail, and I cried.

The one letter was from our food program administrators, nothing earth shattering there. The other letter was spiritually volcanic.The letter contained a check as a donation and some tops Gift Cards. Those items are needed and appreciated as our funding is at an all time low. The letter was nice but it was the final sentence that made me cry: "Let the children know that they are valued and cared about."

 
Those words are huge and cause a spiritual shift in the heavenly realms. Why? Because many of the young people around us do not feel valued and cared about. Most of them live in "Fatherless Homes." They walk around Buffalo and see street corner cameras, courthouses, office buildings, lights on the Peace Bridge and yet,  their classrooms are lacking adequate textbooks. Classrooms are crowded. Employment is scarce. The government spends millions on intervention while a fraction is pent on prevention. That translates into a message that says to young people: "We don't value you."

I left Holy Cross with tears in my eyes and headed down Hudson Street just across Niagara. I saw a church van from Kentucky that said: "Hill and Dale Church." I drove past thinking I should stop and welcome them to Buffalo but I was teary eyed. I drove up a few blocks and felt the Holy Spirit nudging me to go back so I circled around the block and parked behind their van. A man was talking to a group of young people in a community garden across the street. I walked up and the man recognized me from a previous meeting we had at Elmwood Taco Shop. I addressed the group, told them about the letter and why I had tears in my eyes. I also gave them a little history of YWAP in Buffalo and thanked them for giving value to other people. I assured them that their actions had spiritual implications.

 When I first met Sean, I was at ETS to meet with Gary Fallesen and Jordan Rowley from http://www.climbingforchrist.org/  After we ordered our food and sat down, we prayed before we ate. Sean (a complete stranger to us) walked up and said that he noticed us praying and asked if he could sit down and eat with us. He was welcomed warmly and we had some good conversations.

That's the last time I saw Sean until this morning. He is a great human being doing great things for the Kingdom of God. We exchanged phone numbers and I just believe that we will cultivate these Holy Spirit coincidences.

This is a great time to be spiritually awake in Buffalo. The Holy Spirit is connecting lives in very cool ways. It's time to take notice regarding coincidental happenings and cultivate them. The lady who saw my remarks in a Buffalo News Article called me and then sent a donation with a letter that made me cry. A man saw my posting on a Facebook page and sent me a message and then we met. A man saw me praying with other men and asked to join us. I saw a van from Kentucky and stopped to welcome them and met a man who I had previously prayed with.  Pick up your staff and part the Red Sea over Buffalo, it's time!

Thanks for your time. Go do something nice for somebody.

"Find new ways, 
  in as many ways, 
    in more excellent ways, 
      on all of your days, 
        to show love." 

Bob Kuebler
YWAP Director

Youth With A Purpose
In School & After School
In The Mountains & In The Hood
157 Locust Street
Buffalo, New York 14204
716-830-8240
"All Children Are Gifted" 
http://thebrightspotreport.blogspot.com/
If you are looking for a speaker for parents or youth or both, please call us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment