The Bright Spot Seed Planter

Bright Spots can grow in dark places.


The Bright Spot Report is a place for success stories
as well as a place for tips on how to create Bright Spots.


If you have a Bright Spot Story, please share it with us,
so we can create a world with more Bright Spots.



Friday, November 18, 2011

The YWAP Hope Trust - GIVING REVEALS YOU

We The People need more Bibles.  
  Today is Day 4 of The YWAP Hope Trust - A Study In Giving and Receiving.
"Giving Reveals YOU"

If you ever catch me without my Bible, I will give you 10 bucks. If you ask me if I have my Bible and I do, then you will have to open the Bible and read something. In 10 years, I have only given out 10 bucks. A young lady whose birthday happens to be tomorrow, caught me without my Bible. I could have argued with her because my Bible was just inside the gym where I was standing outside. I gave in and she received her 10 bucks at the Annual YWAP Community Christmas Celebration. I think it was the best thing that could have happened because there was an immediate increase in young people asking to see my Bible! The young people would give me a question and I would give them the Word. I gave the ten bucks and it became a silent seed in their souls as they gave more questions and received more of the Word.

It's easy to spot a Clown. It's not always easy to spot a giver.

Your giving reveals to the world a reflection of the love of God that resides within you. A clown reveals he's a clown by just dressing and acting like a clown.  A clown calls attention to the fact that she's a clown. The whole point in being a clown is to make people smile and bring joy and laughter. A clown gives the gift of heart smiles. Do you give the gift of heart smiles? Even a clown with a sad face can give a gift. If you are sad or depressed, ask a friend to help you give to somebody. Giving can release pain. It doesn't matter who you are or what you may have done, please know that you are loved! This may sound corny because I may not have ever met you, but I love you. My love for you is a reflection of God's love for me. We love because He first loved us. We have been created to receive and give love through our actions.

IT JUST FEELS GOOD TO LOVE!

Giving is reflected through many expressions.
The reflection of your heart is stillness. A body of water without ripples. Silence is speaking. The love you give is louder than the love you hide. A smile and a tear do not make noise. The memory of your giving is set apart in the quietness of the receivers soul. Your acts of giving are a communication between you and God. He knows the enormous capability that He has placed in you to give love. Sometimes it's hard to fathom, the greater the pain, the greater the potential to love. It's muscle building at it's finest. Tear down to build up.  

Through brokenness you are given a greater capacity to love.

Matthew 6:3-4

The Message (MSG)
2-4"When you do something for someone else, don't call attention to yourself. You've seen them in action, I'm sure—'playactors' I call them— treating prayer meeting and street corner alike as a stage, acting compassionate as long as someone is watching, playing to the crowds. They get applause, true, but that's all they get. When you help someone out, don't think about how it looks. Just do it—quietly and unobtrusively. That is the way your God, who conceived you in love, working behind the scenes, helps you out.

Are you clothed with cheerfulness when you give?
 Thanks for your time.
Go do something nice for somebody. 
Jesus loves you and so do we.


"Find new ways, 
  in as many ways, 
    in more excellent ways, 
      on all of your days, 
        to show love." 

Bob Kuebler
YWAP Director
Youth With A Purpose
In School & After School
In The Mountains & In The Hood
157 Locust Street
Buffalo, New York 14204
716-830-8240
"All Children Are Gifted" 
http://thebrightspotreport.blogspot.com/
If you are looking for a speaker for parents or youth or both, please call us.   
YWAP is a 501C3 that has served thousands of children and their families for the past 10 years. Will you join us in giving?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment