The Bright Spot Seed Planter

Bright Spots can grow in dark places.


The Bright Spot Report is a place for success stories
as well as a place for tips on how to create Bright Spots.


If you have a Bright Spot Story, please share it with us,
so we can create a world with more Bright Spots.



Thursday, June 27, 2013

I FELT A TAD SAD THE OTHER DAY


While walking along the waterfront near Downtown Buffalo, we stopped at a bench near a bird blind. It was a beautiful place except for the demonic graffiti. I felt more sadness for the writer of the graffiti than I did for the defacing of the bird blind. I could still see the beauty of God's creation in the midst of evil garbage. If I could speak to the graffiti writer, this is what I would say:

"It's good to see you! I'm glad you're here. Have you noticed that cormorant over there? Have you seen the blue heron or the oriole? Did you see the flight patterns of those birds dive bombing after bugs? This place is incredible! Turtles, fish, deer, sailboats, cool breezes, did you ever wonder where the wind comes from?

 Did you know that God has a plan for your life? In all of history, past, present and future, there is only one of you that will ever be created. If you don't become what you were created to be, then you have wasted you. Life is about sowing and growing. The things you say and do are seeds for your future. Everything in life comes full circle. If you don't appreciate what has been freely given to you, there will come a time when you will not be able to freely receive. If you habitually destroy property, what you own will not be respected by others.

 Go do something nice for somebody. That's a seed worth sowing. You are loved unconditionally by a God who watches your back. You may not understand now because life seems full of rejection, but you will - if you want to. I believe in you and if you want me to help you learn about the deeper meaning of life - I will."

No comments:

Post a Comment