The Bright Spot Seed Planter

Bright Spots can grow in dark places.


The Bright Spot Report is a place for success stories
as well as a place for tips on how to create Bright Spots.


If you have a Bright Spot Story, please share it with us,
so we can create a world with more Bright Spots.



Sunday, May 1, 2011

My Father's House Youth Group Changing The World

When it was Saturday and I didn't have to go to school, you could find me on the court shooting hoops or hiking through the woods or just chillin' and reading a book. You generally wouldn't find me doing some work.

Last Saturday, a group of young people from My Father's House in Elma, New York came into the City of Buffalo and did some work. They had the choice to be anywhere but they chose to come to the Holy Cross Youth Center to paint and clean. They came to a city that is the third poorest city in the United States and give out of the richness of their hearts. Not only did they paint and clean but they worked while being on a 30 hour fast to raise money for hungry people. Yeah, typical young people fasting and painting and cleaning on a day off from school.

They haven't been alive long enough to help make Buffalo so poor but they volunteered to sow seed that will help Buffalo grow. My heart has grown because of the love that they have sown. I know it sounds kind of corny but it is true. When I think of what they did I get warm fuzzies in my gut.

The leadership in their church leads young people to live lives that give love. If you are looking for a good place to learn about love or you are looking for a place that demonstrates commitment to young people, check out My Father's House. You can find them at:
Phone
716-655-1389
<><><><><><><><>
<>
<><><><><><><><>
Go do something nice for somebody.

No comments:

Post a Comment