The Bright Spot Seed Planter

Bright Spots can grow in dark places.


The Bright Spot Report is a place for success stories
as well as a place for tips on how to create Bright Spots.


If you have a Bright Spot Story, please share it with us,
so we can create a world with more Bright Spots.



Monday, April 27, 2015

A MAN AT A WOMEN'S CONFERENCE

     Free chocolate is always a good reason to attend a conference. But how would a guy get the chocolate if it was available only to attendees of a Women's Conference? Actually, I had no idea that the Relentless Women's Conference in Buffalo would net me two pieces of chocolate. I'm a guy and I couldn't register for the Conference and receive any chocolate. Guys don't receive benefits from a Women's Conference or do they?

    Soon after we were married, my wife proved how much she loves me by moving to Buffalo, N.Y. from Phoenix, Az. The month of February separates the two cities by almost eighty degrees (Fahrenheit.) After Linda arrived in balmy Buffalo, there were several ministries I suggested to my wife that would assure her continued growth as a spiritual juggernaut (she would never use that term, but I can.) Just Joy Ministries under the leadership of Carol McLeod was at the top of the list. Carol has a way of being highly impactful to a large group while making each person feel like she has their heart in her hands. My wife is like that and I knew Carol's ministry would find a place in her heart. Linda was the Leader of a Prophetic Prayer Team at Without Walls Christain Center in Az. In Buffalo, she's a member of the Buffalo Niagara Healing Rooms. Linda wanted to attend the Conference. I think God answered her thoughts. A very kind friend reached into Linda's heart and deposited a ticket for the Conference. I signed up to be a volunteer "valet-dude." (I was unaware of the free chocolate but I did get free coffee.)


     My wife has been suffering from a sprain her back for almost ten months. After several mountain trips and city mission trips with kids last year, Linda's back gave out. We made plans to attend the Conference on Friday night. We agreed that I would be ready to take her home if the pain became overwhelming. I spent the first hour outside with some other guys as we welcomed the ladies to the Relentless Conference. It was a blast, I smiled at all the kind ladies and said: "It's good to see ya!" A few of the guys parked cars and some of us just held the doors open. After about an hour we moved inside; that's when the "man-benefits" began.

     The worship was cool, deep and moving. The first speakers we heard were a couple of ladies who did a phenomenal job of introducing the Conference. I believe their names were Monica and Angel. They made us laugh as they poured vital information into our ears. They had a natural gift of love flowing between them which they shared with the audience. Carol introduced a speaker who knocked our socks off. She was a cancer survivor who told a story about her son with a bullet lodged in his forehead after being shot through his windshield. The bullet penetrated the skin and stopped. I think they put a band-aid over the wound. Survival is a heart condition that runs in her family.

     Carol McLeod is kind of like a meteorite of encouragement cascading from the heavens. She knows perseverance like it's a personal friend. Overcomer, friend, wife, mother, grandmother, daughter, Christ follower - she is a whole cloud of witnesses all rolled into one heart. My benefits received included truth, worship, prayer, a deeper friendship with some guys, encouragement through Christ and some chocolate.

     On Saturday morning, I woke up to a piece of chocolate on my nightstand. Linda went to the Conference all day Saturday while I attended a Prayer Walk For Life in Buffalo. My wife spent the day giving and receiving love in mass quantities. She also shared her chocolate! The second piece of chocolate was given to me on Sunday after church. I have a joy in fasting before any church service I attend so my wife packs me a small lunch to eat after church. The special atmosphere created during the Conference continued on Sunday morning. When Pastor Craig McLeod was beginning his sermon, his words somehow became a prayer in my heart for my wife. He spoke and his words seemed to reverberate in my heart as a prayer. I did plead the Blood of Jesus over my wife and especially her back. I watched, listened and prayed even as other folks around me prayed. I know there was a prayer team active during the whole Women's Conference. Prayer is changing Buffalo (along with some chocolate!) I hope there's another Just Joy Ministries Women's Conference soon.

Thanks for your time. Go do something nice for somebody.
Jesus loves you and so do we. #JLYASDW



No comments:

Post a Comment